Thursday, February 12, 2009

A+ For Creativity


Some of you might be wondering what this is in this picture. Well as nurses we have to be quite creative in some of the things we do. I got to work last Thursday night and found this sitting on the counter. I asked what it was and where it came from and I was told that it came over with a 6 week old baby who was admitted from another hospital. The hospital this baby came from doesn't carry pacifiers so the staff there took a nipple and stuffed a 2x2 in it and then popped it onto a saline vile and called it a pacifier. It might not be what we would use on a daily basis but I thought it was pretty dang creative.

1 comment:

Danika said...

How funny. Liesel loves sucking on the rubber top of her Infant Motrin which I thought was so weird. Then it ocurred to me the dropper top is a lot like a pacifier.