Monday, February 1, 2010

We Get To Be Parents

So as many of you know James and I, these past two weeks, did fertility treatments. Well to say the least it didn't go very well at all! We didn't even get to do the In Vitro but ended up doing an IUI that has a very small chance of working. We will know next week though if it worked or not. We aren't holding our breaths. On a more exciting note we learned these last few weeks that we will get to be parents sooner than we thought. We are going to be adopting a baby that is due at the end of March. It is a blessing and we know the Lord had a hand in the whole thing. We met the birth mom last week and everything went really well. The baby is due on March 29th. It is a boy and we will be naming him Carter Scott. We are very excited for this opportunity and look forward to welcoming baby Carter into our home!

6 comments:

anna said...

Oh Autumn!! I'm so excited for you both!! And I love the name. I can't wait to see your little guy! I know you'll be a fabulous mom!

Danika said...

Congratulations and the best of luck to you both as you work through the adoption process. No matter what anyone tells you, kids are SO worth it! You're going to be fabulous parents!!!

Connie said...

That is so exciting! I'm so happy for you both (:

Laney said...

YAY!! That is so fantastic. Congratulations! Can't wait to see pictures. You will be great parents for sure.

Trevor said...

You know, it is a fact that my nieces and nephews are the cutest and most amazing kids ever! That means that you're going to have amazing kids! I can't wait! Keep us posted!

As Told By Molly said...

We are so excited for you both! OK, now what about a baby shower...?!!