Thursday, April 8, 2010

Carter Scott

After 29 hours of labor which ended in an emergency c-section Carter Scott finally arrived on April 3, 2010 at 2:12pm weighing 6 pounds 4 ounces and was 17 1/2 inches long! It was such an amazing experience to be able to be in the delivery room and then in the operating room with the birth mom the whole time. I will never forget how I felt when I heard his first cry. He had two red blisters on each wrist from where he at been sucking on his wrists in utero

His first bath which he didn't like one bit.
All bundled up after getting all clean
Being checked out by Dr. Jones. What an amazing Doctor. She said he looked perfect. :)
Dad feeding him his first bottle
Everyone wanted to get a look at this very special boy! He is loved by SO many people
The hospital was nice enough to let us have our own room so we could stay night and day with our new baby. Everyone was SO good to us.
Me still in the OR scrubs enjoying my new son
It doesn't get more precious than this!
Carter celebrating his first Easter.



4 comments:

anna said...

Oh Autumn, he's adorable! It looks like he has a good amount of hair...how fun!
I love that he is starting out so little, that means he'll be littler for longer!

Laney said...

How wonderful! My cousins adopted a son last fall and just had the Sealing a couple weeks ago. I thought about you the whole time - knowing you'd have such wonderful experiences soon, too. I hope it's complete bliss for you and James!!

Danika said...

He's just precious! Congratulations to you both... you are a beautiful family.

As Told By Molly said...

What a sweetheart! You two are going to be amazing parents, we are so happy for you.