Wednesday, June 2, 2010

In Memory Of . . .

Two weeks ago we had to put down my most favorite dog in the world. Gator was James' first work dog. I fell in love with him when he didn't bite me the first time I let him out of is kennel :) Gator was my best friend. He was so obedient and I fed him lots of treats when he wasn't supposed to have them :) About a year ago Gator was retired from being a police dog and James' boss wanted to put him down but I wouldn't allow it, so we got to keep him. With him here I felt so safe when I had to be at home alone the nights James worked. He loved our little dogs, trying to get to the goats and chasing rabbits. There was one time when he caught a rabbit and James' was yelling at him to let the rabbit go and Gator swallowed the rabbit whole before James could get to him. He had so much energy and loved to run around. I was so sad the day we put him down I cried all day.

1 comment:

{little birdie boutique} said...

I'm so sorry :( He was a gorgeous dog though!

P.S When are you coming back to work? I can't wait to hear all about little Carter!!!

Kristen