Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy No Socks Day And Have A Coke Day


And Happy Mother's Day also.  Before Carter came into our lives Mother's Day was a hard day for me.  I tried not to be bitter because no one likes a bitter person but it reminded me of what I didn't and couldn't have and didn't know if I would ever have, but what I wanted so badly.  So after all those years of suffering through Mother's Day, the November before Carter was born I started reading a book that I didn't know was going to be about a woman who couldn't have children.  I can't remember the name of the book but part of the book talked about how Mother's Day was hard for her and she decided that she wasn't going to celebrate it that year and her husband decided they could celebrate No Socks Day and Have a Coke Day instead which also falls on that day.  I thought that was a GREAT idea and decided that the next Mother's day I was going to celebrate No Socks Day and Have a Coke Day instead of Mother's Day.  I never got to because come that January we learned about Carter and before Mother's Day came along I had become a mother.  The other day I decided to google the No Socks Day and Have a Coke Day and see if they even existed and sure enough it really is a holiday :)  So although Mother's Day is a lot easier for me and I am all about celebrating it I will also not wear socks today and I think I might just have a Coke :) (actually I don't really like to wear socks on any day and I pretty much have a Coke everyday anyway but I have a great excuse to do it today :) )  

1 comment:

J-ME said...

LOL love it!! Hope you also had a fabulous Mother's day!!