A couple of weeks ago my Mom and Grandma went up to the cabin for a week to do some sewing. Carter and I went up to visit. It was a lot of fun. I also got to do some sewing and learned a lot from my Grandma who is a home ec major and taught home ec at EAC for a while. She even let me sew on the quilt she was making. :) Dacia came up and stayed one night so Carter also got to play with Qwynci and Tytan, and Grandma put her to work sewing also.
 |
| Carter playing with Tytan |
 |
| Carter playing with the toys |
The weather was so nice up there that we just left the front door open and Carter loved to go in and out as much as he wanted.
 |
| On the front porch he found the crates of tools my dad has there and those kept him busy for a while |
 |
| He found these knee pads in my dad's stuff and kept putting them on his head like they were a hat. It was funny. |
 |
| Carter loves scissors and my mom gave him a pair of kids scissors and he LOVED them! |
There were three sewing machines set up and a TON of old jeans that were being used to make quilts
 |
| my Grandma |
 |
| my Mom |
 |
| My Mom and Grandma working away. |
Carter loved the pins and we tried to keep them away from him as much as possible so he wouldn't hurt himself but one night I went walking with my Mom and Aunt and when I got back my Dad and Grandma had given Carter some pins and he was having so much fun sticking them in the pillow and pulling them out again.
Carter got a hold of this material of my Grandma's and had so much fun with it.
Carter also helped with the quilt my mom put me to work on and then let me have it since I put it together.
While the women were busy sewing the men (my Dad and Grandpa) worked hard outside tearing down the old tree house. It was high in the trees and my dad wants to rebuild it lower so the kids can actually get to it and play in it. Part of taking it down required him to loosen the floor of it which he also had to stand on while doing. My Mom was a little nervous about that.



While we were all sewing these jeans I mentioned that it would be cute to make a jean purse. My aunt loved the idea and wouldn't let me leave without making one. So the last day I was there we started making one. We didn't have a pattern or anything and we had never made one before but my aunt didn't think it would take very long. She also mentioned that it would probably be better if it had a zipper in it so stuff wouldn't fall out of it. Well it didn't get done by the time I had to leave so my aunt sent me home with a half done purse and I didn't think I could finish it at home. Well, I'm not a sewer. I have made a few things but nothing too hard so I didn't think I would try it at home. However, once I got home I decided to try it. I got the straps on, and then started to try and put in the zipper and realized there is a reason why these purses don't have zippers and I cursed my aunt the whole time I was trying to get it done. It didn't turn out perfect but I did finish it.
 |
| If you don't look too close it doesn't look too bad. |
 |
| After all was said and done all my pins were bent and I had a broken needle. |
It was fun to spend time with my Mom and my Grandma.
1 comment:
So your quilt looks awesome! You did an amazing job of covering up my crooked lines :)
Post a Comment