Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Photo Of The Day Challenge - Day 15 - Food

Today's photo of the day - Food

tonight for dinner we had this Crock Pot Hawaiian BBQ Chicken that I got off Pinterest and that comes from this blog. http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2011/06/crock-pot-hawaiian-bbq-chicken.html.  The first time I made it, I was grocery shopping at Fry's and wasn't planning a trip to Target any time soon (the only place to get the BBQ sauce recommended for the recipe) so I got the Kroger brand Hawaiian marinade and used that in place of the BBQ sauce.  It turned out really yummy.  Tonight I had the BBQ sauce from target that the recipe calls for, but I didn't like it as much as the Hawaiian marinade I used the first time.  I also over cooked it a little tonight so maybe that is why it wasn't as good either.  Who knows. My husband also recommended using a sweet and sour sauce instead which I think I will try next time.  The squash I baked in the oven and got the idea from Pinterest also and comes from this blog http://voraciousvander.com/2011/12/05/the-best-way-to-cook-zucchini-and-carrots/
I have come to LOVE zucchini and squash baked like this.  I put some salt, pepper and Cavender's All Purpose Greek Seasoning on them and they turn out so yummy! I could eat the whole pan :)  
What did you have for dinner tonight? 
Photobucket

1 comment:

Laney said...

That meal looks delicious. I'm definitely going to try it. I'm pretty sure zucchini could be made any way possible and I would love it. Thanks for sharing this! P.S. We're having this tonight in answer to your question. http://easypeasylemonsqueezyrecipes.blogspot.com/2011/08/cabbage-and-sausage.html