Friday, September 14, 2012

Week 5

   So this is my fifth week post surgery and everything is going great. Last week I had a follow up appointment with my doctor and he said everything is healing nicely and looks good. I also got to see the pictures he took of my insides during my surgery. Very interesting to see. I asked him if from what he found if there was any way he thought I could have ever gotten pregnant. Like most doctors we have seen he never tells a couple never, but from what he saw and from how everything was situated there wasn't really any way it could have happened. He said about four more weeks of no heavy lifting but I could start doing some light exercising.
   So this last Monday I woke up and was so excited to start getting everything back to normal and getting our routine back. I decided to walk on my treadmill for a little bit. I thought I would just walk at a 2.5 for about 20min. I didn't think that was very long or very fast at all. Perfect for getting back into exercising after surgery right?  Well the next day I had a set back in my recovery. I called the doctor to let them know what was going on and if I should be concerned. When I told the nurse the only thing I did different the day before was walk on the treadmill she said that it was probably too much and I over did it which caused this set back and I needed it take it easy for a while. I called my mom and let her know what was going on and that we had the social worker coming to do the home study to renew out state adoption certification and my house was a wreck and I would probably need some help. So my sweet wonderful mother drove over the next day and cleaned my whole house and did all my laundry. She was wonderful! and I have been taking it easy for the last few days. The funny this is that after my mom left yesterday to go home the compassionate service leader in our ward called and left a message to see if I could help the next day clean another sister's house who had burned her hands. I thought that was too funny.
   Since my surgery Carter has been sleeping in our bed with us. It started just with his naps and quickly progressed to every nap and every night. He doesn't bother me much during the night but he kicks James all night long. So most mornings when we wake up I am on the edge of the bed almost to fall off, James is sleeping on the cough in the living room and Carter is sprawled out on the rest of the bed. How does one little boy need so much room to sleep :)
   When it comes to bath time Carter won't let you help him in or out of the tub he wants do to it himself. He wants to wash his own hair and when he is out of the tub he won't let you carry him to the other room to put his diaper and PJs on he wants to walk himself holding his towel. He also loves to brush his teeth but doesn't want anyone to help him. He just keeps saying "my turn, my turn".
   He has also loved all the time he has got to spend with Dad.  For the two weeks James took off for my surgery Carter got to spend a lot of time with him while I couldn't do much. Now when James leaves for work it is a lot harder for Carter which makes us both sad. But he has also become James's biggest helper!
   I am not very good at "taking it easy" I feel like I am being lazy and need to do stuff but after what happened I think I will try harder to take it easy so my body can heal.
 
Photobucket

1 comment:

Danika said...

I knew you always struggled with cramps but I had NO IDEA how much pain you were in or how bad it was! I'm so glad things are looking up but sweet mother of Abraham Lincoln TAKE IT EASY!!! You're not being lazy, I promise :)