Sunday, June 30, 2013

Our June 2013 Via Instagram

I love using Instagram. It is an easy way to take a picture and share it! I use it a lot but don't do anything with the pictures and decided that it would be an easy way to document our month. I will try and do this at the end of each month. So we will start with June. 
This is me on the first Sunday in June. I got a call the day before from the Sister who plays the organ in Sacrament Meeting saying she had to go out of town last minute and if I would play the organ for her. I told her I would and then practiced for the rest of the day. This is me before going to church that day. I was SO nervous. However I got through it and I think I did pretty good! It was a good experience!

During this month we did a lot of swimming. I take Carter and some of my other nieces and nephew swimming at my brother's house. I get a little color on my white limbs and Carter gets to play with kids and it wears him out so he sleeps great when we get home. :)

Swimming again with cousins Josh, Kodi and Brynli

For nurse's week my work sent a gift card to Cold Stone Creamery. I took Carter out on a little ice cream date. Before we left the house I told him I was going to get chocolate ice cream. He told me he was going to get Strawberry ice cream. I know he doesn't really like strawberries so I asked him a few times if he really wanted strawberry ice cream and he would say yes. When we got there and they were making his ice cream I made sure that strawberries was what he wanted and he said he did. Well, he didn't eat the strawberries and gave them all to me :)

This afternoon Carter wasn't feeling good. He woke up from his nap and then went right back to sleep and let me hold him like that for a long time. He doesn't usually do that so I took full advantage of it!

For Chad and Kristen's 12 year anniversary I offered to watch their kids so they could go out!  We got pizza and we took them over to Ryan's to swim. Before they could leave though the kids had to get the dishes done. Brynli was showing Kodi how to do the dishes 

Carter NEVER wants me to take his picture but at this time he said "look mom take a picture of me!"

More swimming. These two little ones are pretty brave with these Puddle Jumper floatys.  They swim  out in the deep end and do pretty good. 

Carter loves the bubbles in the pool. Actually all the kids love them!

Carter and Kodi waiting for someone to open the door to go swimming.

One of the days we went swimming it was just Kodi and Carter. Cole came too and was a HUGE help with the two of them. He makes an awesome water monster :)

Carter being silly. Actually Carter has been wanting to catch a rabbit. Every time he sees one he tells me he wants to catch it. I had some old salad in the fridge so one day we put it outside as bait so the rabbits would come closer and Carter could try and catch it. We didn't have a lot of luck.

After three months I FINALLY finished this book. My mom recommended it to me and I started reading it thinking it would be a book I just had to get through. That was NOT the case. I seriously LOVED reading this book. It was SO good. After I read it I rented the movie so excited that it would be so good. I was very disappointed in the movie, it was nothing like the book! 

Father's Day 2013. Love these two boys!

We got home from town and after I got Carter out of the car he whispered to me "shhh mom I go catch a rabbit" then he started walking very slowly and quietly and would turn around every once in a while and whisper again "shhh mom I go catch a rabbit" it was really cute!

Another day swimming. Kodi quite the poser!

More swimming fun with Kodi and Brynli

Cousins Kodi and Brynli

Kodi and Carter LOVE the water. 

Brynli loves the camera!

One day I took Carter, Kodi, Brynli and Carli to the summer movie at the theater by our house. Kodi and Carter got bored of the movie so I took them out and they played on the video games. 

they also liked the gun game

We made cookies for out camping trip and Carter has learned that eating the dough is the best part of  making cookies!

Carter found this vest in James's work stuff and wore it around the house for two days

Our yearly camping trip. A post coming on this one.

These were my two handsome dates to go watch Monsters University last Friday. Cute Movie!

Kodi with her swimming goggles

Ok, I LOVE these two! This is when I took both of them to Target before swimming to get a puddle jumper for Kodi

One of the days we went swimming Kodi started asking if she could take a nap in Carter's bed. Carter doesn't use his bed  (he sleeps in our bed) so I figured why not! The first time she came and I put her in his bed you could tell on her face she wasn't quite sure about it but went to sleep anyway. The second time it didn't faze her she went right to sleep. 

Carter loves his baths. Here it might look like he is drowning but really he is practicing his swimming!
And to end our June we had James's birthday yesterday. He turned 39! We had his favorite breakfast of french toast to start the day. He opened his cards and present (a new tackle box because I broke his other one when we were camping last week). We went and got some arrows for his new bow then had lunch. We took a  nap and just relaxed for the rest of the day! We had a fun June 2013!

Photobucket

No comments: