Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Trusting In The Lord's Timing

I just want to start by saying that dealing with infertility is hard! I don't think anyone can really understand how hard it is until you experience it. Early on I decided I didn't want to be that bitter person who couldn't have kids. I didn't want to be the one that you can't tell your having a baby or can't talk about babies around and I think that decision, made a long time ago has helped me through this hard thing. The other thing that helps me is the experience I had after we met Carter's birth mom for the first time. As we were driving home it became VERY clear in my mind that this is what Heavenly Father was waiting for. This is the way it was supposed to be. I will always be thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who let me have that experience because it has carried me though some very hard days. Also through this experience I have learned to trust the Lord's way and timing for me. Don't get me wrong it isn't always easy and for some reason this last month or so hasn't been easy for me. During the hard times that I have I really try harder to be more diligent in reading the Scriptures, Ensign articles and having more meaningful prayer. As I have done these things this last month I have been so thankful for the tender mercies of the Lord who has let me feel the spirit of comfort a little more powerful and often in my life. Although I do not know if there will be another baby for us or if Carter will be our only child I do feel that it will all be ok. I will be ok. The other day I was reading in the November 2012 Ensign the talks from the October 2012 General Conference. I read the talk given by President Henry B. Eyring "Where Is the Pavilion?" and came across some quotes that I loved and were a good reminder for me. I think my favorite one is the one that says "The Lord's delays often seem long; some last a lifetime. but they are always calculated to bless."  He also talks about submitting fully to heaven's will and that Abraham's heart was right long before Sarah conceived Isaac but "Heaven had other purposes to fulfill first" I am so thankful that we have these words from the Prophets to remind us how we can have comfort through the hard times. And for the tender mercies of a Loving Heavenly Father who is mindful of our needs. 




No comments: