Friday, September 6, 2013

Out August Via Instagram

This month I'm not sure what happened but some of the pictures I posted on Instagram were deleted from my phone or when I went to put them on my computer I couldn't find them. So these are the ones I got.

On our way home from trip to the grocery store and through Sonic.
Carter loves when Kodi comes to play. This is one day at the splash pad. In the backseat on the way there their conversation when something like this:
Carter: I not Carter
Kodi: Yes you Carter
Carter: No I big boy
Kodi: I'm big Kodi
Love three year old conversations!
Kodi ate all of her fruit snacks and then when Carter was busy playing she ate all of his too! :)
LOVE this picture. They both have their shoes on the wrong feet. When you tell either one of them their shoes are on the wrong feet they argue with you that they are on the right feet. I then wonder if it is a new three year old fad or a McBride side of the family thing. 
We had a little swimming/ BBQ get together at Ryan's house. We had fun swimming and visiting! I had to work that evening so we didn't get to stay for the game playing (my favorite part)
However, the next day we did play some games. This is "bummer dude" but my favorite is Hand and Foot which we didn't get to play.
"Do you want to play game with me?" Carter found these dice and it's his favorite game just to roll them. I try to get him to count the dots on them so he can practice counting but he doesn't like that version of the game so much :)
Kodi, Carter and Josh playing at Ryan's house
Carter riding his tractor. I learned a new trick with my camera and was trying it out. it gives the illusion that he is going really fast. I need to perfect it but it was fun to try. 
One evening Carter put some cars in this pitcher and then asked if I wanted to have a tea party with him. He would then pour the cars in cups for us to drink. Love him!
Came upon this quote while reading this month. Sometimes I need this reminder. I also read by Quentin L. Cook  " . . .that the Atonement would overcome and compensate for all the unfairness of mortal life and bring us peace" and "To believe in God is to know that all the rules will be fair, and that there will be wonderful surprises."
Carter, Kodi and Josh
Carter, Kodi and Josh watching a movie at Ryan's
A couple of weeks ago we made a last minute trip to Safford for a potential adoption opportunity.  To make a long story short the mother changed her mind at the last minute and we never did get to meet her. But the trip to Safford was not a total waste. We got to eat La Paloma, Carter got to ride on the tractor with papa and got to visit with my Grandparents McBride! 
Carter riding with Papa
Carter with my Grandparent's McBride. Love them!
La Paloma. The best mexican food. Love their green chili. 
My mom sent me home with some of my Uncle's salsa. SO yummy. It didn't last but a day here!
Carter loves to walk on our treadmill a lot more than I do!
Love him!
Socks with no matches. My new theory is that the sock making people make them so after so many washes they disintegrate in the dryer forcing us to buy new socks :) 
Ok I will admit, I don't make it to the temple often and I need to do better. So I teamed up with my sister-in-law and I take my niece to gymnastics once a week and she watches Carter one day a month for me so I can go to the temple. Love it!
Every morning Carter has to bring some kind of car or truck to the table for breakfast. Someday I will miss this! He also has to bring one when he goes to the bathroom. He cracks me up!
One day James and I were talking about the fingerprinting we needed to get done to renew out adoption certification. Carter asked what fingerprinting means and so we got the water colors out and James got is fingerprinting ink and we did Carter's fingerprints. I love that he asks what things mean!
Carter enjoying an ice cream after a long ride into Phoenix and running errands. 
10 minutes from my home. For some reason I am in love with the green fields and blue cloud filled sky that I never appreciated before. 
Carter and I headed up north this last week and there were fields and fields of sunflowers! I was in heaven!
This was Carter and I riding on the rail into Alpine with my parents. 
Carter and I at the Lollipop Shoppe in Alpine after enjoying some yummy ice cream
More sunflower fields. 
More from our trip to the splash pad and play area with Kodi
Fueling my Diet Coke addiction (yes I will admit it is an addiction!) My first choice is Circle K but if it is during happy hour and I don't want to get out of the car I will go through Sonic.

And that was our August!

 photo blogsignature.png

No comments: