Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas 2013

 I will just start by saying I didn't take any pictures on Christmas. I know right me who takes a billion pictures of everything didn't take any pictures. Ok I took one picture on Christmas day and it got deleted in the process of downloading pictures on my new computer. Not sure what happened. I wanted to be involved in Christmas morning and not behind the camera trying to take pictures of everything and missing out on Carter's reactions to Santa coming. It was a quiet Christmas for us. I had to work Christmas Eve and Christmas Day so we didn't do much. I did cook the usual of sweet pork and all the goodies that come with that. We usually have James's parents over but they were unable to come this year. Our neighbors did come when they smelled the yumminess of the sweet pork cooking earlier in the day. It was nice having them over. While I finished the last hours of working on Christmas Eve James helped Carter write his list for Santa which of course included a big shotgun that goes boom. We left a piece of twist and some eggnog out for Santa and left the magic key outside the door and then Carter went to bed.  The next morning my two sleepy heads would not get up! James's brother called and his mom called and we were still sleeping. Finally about 8am Carter and James woke up and we got to go see what Santa brought. When we went in to were the tree is we told Carter Santa had come and the first thing he asked was "where is my shotgun" Well, Santa did bring him a toy shotgun and he has not put it down since. The rest of the day was relaxing with a nap and then I had to work in the afternoon. It was a great Christmas and I loved spending it with the two boys I love most!

No comments: