A couple of years ago as I sat in Relief Society a Sister told of her family's goal of reading the Old Testament. She had younger children so it took over a year for them to do this and they were still working on it. After hearing that I thought to myself "I want to do that!" So I started my journey of reading the Old Testament about 2 1/2 years ago and this last Saturday I finished it. I read from the Scriptures to Carter almost every morning. He may not understand what I'm reading because he plays with his cars or other toys while I read aloud but it is important to me for him to see us reading from the Scriptures. So because I do this he has heard the whole Old Testament. When I started I didn't want to just read it I wanted to understand what I was reading so for a lot of it I read it along with the Seminary Instruction Manual. I loved the first part of the Old Testament and reading about the women who struggled to have children and then they had one Son and through that one son God furthered the work. I am so glad I did this and for the better understanding I have of the Old Testament. I'm now excited to start the New Testament and read the life of the Savior!
No comments:
Post a Comment