Thursday, July 10, 2014

40th Birthday Road Trip

It has been a tradition for us that every year on James's birthday we go camping. Well, this year James turned 40 and he wanted to do something different he wanted to take a road trip (he we love road trips) So we took a road trip to Mona, UT to see James's brother. We drove to Page the first day stayed the night then drove the rest of the way the next day. It was our first time visiting James's brother in Mona, UT but oh what a beautiful place. It was SO pretty there! On the way back we stopped in Vegas and stayed the night then came home. It was a nice break to get away and much needed family time for us!
leaving the house
The first thing Carter wanted to do when we got to Page, AZ was go swimming. It was already getting dark but James and Carter went swimming anyway even though the water was cold.
The day after we left was James's birthday. He turned 40! Doesn't he look good for 40!?!
This was taken from the porch of my brother-in-law's house in Mona, UT. I thought it was so pretty. This was taken with my phone with no filter!
Again taken with my phone with no filter.
Carter loved playing with Aiton and Josh. They are quite a bit older than Carter but they were so patient to play with him. They helped him build lego cars, catch butterflies in the yard and play soccer with him.
The first morning we were there we went to the park lunch they do there. Basically all the kids go to the park and get a free lunch. Carter loves to swing on the swing and he kept saying "push me high mom push me higher"
They had one of these merry go round things at the park, I haven't seen one of these for a long time! Carter thought it was fun though!
Jeff and Ann took us to a place where their kids go to fish. It was a cool little place. Again this was taken with my phone with no filter.
just a picture from the fishing place. Taken with phone no filter.
There was this bridge there at the fishing place. I love pictures on bridges!
Jeff took us for a drive through the mountain near by. So pretty! You can see on the mountain there is snow. James's dad laughs that I can always find snow when it comes to dispatch the truck. So I took a pictures of the mountain with the snow and sent it to him saying that it was the middle of summer and I found some snow :)
On our way home we stopped at the Dairy Farms of America. I was introduced to this place many years ago by Paul (James's step dad). They have some really good cheese curd. :) Love my little family!
On our way home we stayed one night in Vegas. It was fun. In our hotel they had this part that had a bunch of arcade games. Carter loved playing the games and getting prizes with his tickets. He really liked the motorcycle.
My favorite place to go in Vegas is the M&M store, the Coke store and the Hershey's store  :)  Loved this sign out side of Hershey's store. Yes every day does deserve a kiss :)
 
During our drive through the mountain we stopped to walk one of the trails. We saw this cute chipmunk peaking over a tree stump. He would peak over and then hide. he did this a few time. It was cute! This was just after I got attacked by a ton of moths. I had to pee so bad during out drive and we finally found an out house. There was a rock holding the door open and when I moved the rock a few moths flew out from under it. Then as I was pulling on the toilet paper roll more moths flew out from the toilet paper roll. I pulled on the toilet paper roll again and more moths came out. This happened like six times. It really freaked me out!

This was from one of the look outs in the mountain where you can see Utah lake.

 
 

No comments: