Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Our Christmas Tree Tradition


Among all the weeds in this picture you will see three small pine trees. Each tree represents a year James and I have been together. For Christmas every year we get a real Christmas Tree, the kind you buy that are in the buckets, then after Christmas is over we plant them. The one on the right is the first one we planted and the one on the left is the one we planted this year. I think it is a fun tradition and I love to watch them get bigger and bigger each year.








This year I didn't think we were going to have time to put up a tree because we were so busy with work after getting home from Hawaii. James went ahead and bought a tree anyway and it sat on our porch for a couple of days. Late one evening I was telling James how sad I was that I wasn't going to have time to put our tree up this year. Well a couple of mornings later I got home from work and James had surprised me and put the tree up the night before lights, decorations and even a star. We didn't have it up very long but it was a nice surprise.




Over the weekend James planted our new tree along side the others and I'm excited to watch this one grow along with the others.












No comments: