Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My Husband The Helper

My husband is very good to me. Whenever I ask for his help he is always willing to do what I ask even when he doesn't want to. I found a scorpion in our closet a few months ago and now before I put my foot in any pair of shoes from the closet I have him check them for scorpions. When I leave something in the car and I don't feel like going out to get it he very willingly goes and gets it for me. The only thing he really doesn't like to do is the dishes and I haven't ever asked him to do them because I know he doesn't like to do them. However, a few weeks ago I was having a busy week and while I was on my way to work I asked if he could do some stuff around the house like do some laundry, sweep the floor and yes I asked him to do the dishes .When I got home the next morning I noticed he had put all the dishes in the dishwasher and ran the dishwasher. I was so thankful for the help. We left out of town that day before I could take the dishes out of the dishwasher. A couple of days later when we got home I opened the dishwasher and noticed there was soap residue in the place where you put the soap and all over the bottom of the dishwasher and over most of the dishes. I was kind of confused by this because whenever I do the dishes this never happens. I asked James what he used in the dishwasher and he said he used the dishwasher soap. I then asked him to show me the bottle he used and he pulled out from under the sink the soft scrub bottle. He had never used the dishwasher before and didn't know that wasn't the soap to use in the dishwasher. I just had to laugh as I started cleaning the soap residue off the dishwasher and washing the dishes a few times to get all the soap residue off. Now I ask myself do you think he really didn't know or did he do it on purpose so I would never ask him to do the dishes again? :)

1 comment:

Danika said...

Ha ha... at least he tried! That reminds me of the time my little sister accidentally put Malt-O-Meal in the dishwashing dispenser. When it mixed with the hot water it expanded and got all over the guts of the dishwasher. We had pits of Malt-O-Meal on all our stuff for MONTHS!