Thursday, March 12, 2009

The End Has Come

I write this with tears in my eyes, that may sound silly but it's true. Yesterday we were informed that they will be closing our small pediatric unit on Friday (3/13/09). We knew it was coming because They were going to close it in January but gave us a little more time. Now that the census has gone down around the valley, Banner no longer needs our little unit. Even though I knew it was coming it still makes me sad to have to leave this unit. I have really enjoyed my time here. I have come to love and appreciate all the wonderful people I have had the opportunity to work with and I will miss each of them greatly! What is that saying where one door is closed another one is opened. I will miss pediatrics, but it will be good for me to learn another area of nursing. I have never done adults before so working with new mothers will be VERY different for me. To make things easier at least I will be able to continue to care for the newborn babies which I already know and enjoy.

1 comment:

Danika said...

So sad! Good luck to you in your new endeavors!