Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My First Stitches

So on the 10th of this month I got my first stitches. I wish it was a cool story like a dog bit me or I cut myself with a knife or something but it isn't that cool. I have had this problem with the skin on my face and neck since the beginning of the year. I have these dry spots on my face that come and go and nothing helps them. For the past few months I have resorted to using Vaseline on my face to keep it from being so dry. I also have this red mark on my neck. It started out pretty small but has grown the size of a small egg. It will get worse and then it will get a little better but never goes away. I tried everything I could think of on my face and neck but nothing worked. Finally I gave in and went to the dermatologist who said "Well it could be Lupus or a type of eczema" He went on to say "I would like to do a skin biopsy to rule out Lupus". So here I am in the doctors office thinking I was there to just get some creams for my skin and the doc wants to do a skin biopsy. I knew there was a reason I don't like to go to Doctors. Well, I had the skin biopsy done. He made two holes just below my ear and then stitched them up. That is how I got my first stitches. I went back to the doc this last Monday and I do NOT have Lupus and I got the creams I was expecting to get from the beginning. :)

No comments: