Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Work Dogs

This is Gator. He was James' first work dog. He is a Belgian Malinois and is about 7 year old and I LOVE this dog. When James first got him I was scared of him and thought he would be mean. He is mean when he is working but when he is at the house he is just the most lovable dog. He is also the most obedient dog I have ever seen like all police dogs I guess. Well, He is getting old and wasn't doing very good at work so they decided he needed to be retired. The two options after retiring a police dog is to either put it down or let the handler keep him. James' boss really wanted to put Gator down because he really didn't like the dog but James told him "you will have to get that by my wife first" So needless to say Gator is now our dog!


After Gator was retired James needed a new work dog. So they headed to California and got a new German Shepherd named Udin. He was a really pretty dog and did good for the first couple of weeks. Then he didn't do so well so he had to go back to California. Poor Udin :(
Now James has a new work dog. He is a 3 year old Czech Shepherd named Max. I don't have any pictures of him but so far he is doing good at work and hasn't tried to bite me so I'm ok with him :)

1 comment:

Laney said...

I'm so jealous of all your animals! That's so great that you got to keep Gator. He's got to be one happy dog.