Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A New Car / Happy Birthday To Me

Well it has been so long since I posted anything on my blog I don't even know where to start. Not a whole lot has been going on but there has been a few changes. Back in September we bought a little car. I have been wanting something that gets better gas milage but wasn't really ready to give up the room my Tahoe has that comes in handy sometimes. So we bought a used 2006 car for a really good price to I can keep my Tahoe for when we need more room and drive the little car for all the running around I do for the better gas milage. My husband is so good to me :)

The end of October was my birthday. Yes I turned 33. I can't even believe I'm 33. I had a really fun day though. When ever James asked me what I wanted for my birthday I told him I wanted a bike and a portable DVD player. (that makes me sound like a little kid) Anyway, the night before my birthday I was cleaning up the kitchen and found a receipt for a bike. I asked James about it and he said he bought me one but the tire was bent on it so he had to take it back. And of course because he sounded SO convincing I believed him. So he wrapped my present which I knew was the DVD player and left it on the counter in the kitchen. The morning of my birthday he made me breakfast in bed which consisted of a piece of pumpkin cheese cake and hot chocolate and then I opened my present which was the DVD player. I was excited. Well, we got ready for the day and I opened the door to go outside and there sitting on the front porch was a BIKE! I was so excited. I felt like a little kid on Christmas morning. I hadn't ridden a bike since I was probably 12 and didn't think I would remember how to ride it but I did and it is SO fun! We then went to the state fair because I love the state fair. We didn't ride any of the rides just went to see the animals. That is when you know you are getting old when you don't go to the state fair to ride the rides anymore, just to see the animals :) We had a good time and watched part of the rodeo which I thought was fun. That night we went to eat with my parents and Chad and Kristen then went to Phantom of the Opera thanks to my mother who treated us to tickets for my birthday. Thank you mom! It was a really fun day!

No comments: