Saturday, April 17, 2010

2 Weeks Old

A baby will make love stronger, days shorter,
nights longer, bank accounts smaller, homes happier
the past forgotten and the future worth living

Carter is 2 weeks old today. I know that isn't very old but I can't believe it has already been 2 weeks since he was born. We sure have enjoyed every minute with him! He is just SO cute and keeps getting cuter! In the past two weeks he as learned he doesn't like to sleep in his bed at night but would rather sleep in the recliner with mom :). He has decided he doesn't like the nickname "Small Fry" that his dad has given him and has taken the weight gaining thing pretty seriously, he weighed 6lbs 13oz at his last doctor appointment which was an 11oz weight gain in 1 week. He was circumcised and did SO good. He attended his first birthday party which was for Grandpa McBride and he had his first baby pictures done which all turned out SO good. We love him so much and enjoy watching him grow!

Sometimes the binki doesn't have to be in his mouth, just touching his lips :)
He is starting to stay awake and look around more. He also has that cute double chin!I love when he sleeps and he has his hands by his face!
And sometimes when he sleeps he holds his hands together, too cute!
For his baby pictures I didn't have any newborn outfits that fit him because they are all too big, so my mom and I went to look for an outfit. We found this one but it was a preemie size and didn't know if it was going to fit. Well, sure enough it fit perfect!
Just being so cute!
Carter at 1 week old