Sunday, August 8, 2010

I Love . . .

I love being Carter's mom! I love everything about it and feel so blessed to have this sweet boy in our lives! This month he turned 4 months and it is so crazy how much he has changed. At his 4 month check up this last week he weighed 16.4 pounds and was 24inches long. So that puts him in the 78th percentile for his weight and 19th percentile for his height, I love it!

I love waking up every morning to his smiling face and love every day of watching him learn new things and developing his own little personality.

I love that he still has a head full of dark hair and the back doesn't stay laying down for anything!

I love that he grabs at anything that is in front of him and anything he gets in his hands goes in his mouth. I can put him in front of his toys first thing when he wakes up from a nap and he might not be fully awake but he is already grabbing whatever is in front of him.

I love that he drools and chews on everything.
I love that with strangers he is a little stingy with his smiles but dad and I ALWAYS get the biggest smiles.

I love that most of the time when he is starting to get fussy I can start singing "If You Chance To Meet A Frown" and he will start smiling.

I love to hear him laugh when he is playing with dad.


I love that at the end of the day the shoulder of the shirt I'm wearing that day is soaked from him chewing on it and almost always has spit up on it.

I love that he sleeps in his own room. I had a hard time at first not having him at our bedside and I still feel bad sometimes when he has to be in his room by himself but he has done great and it has to happen some time I guess.
I love that he is starting to roll over. Ok he did it only once about a week and a half ago and I totally missed it. So you might ask "how do you know if he rolled over if you didn't see it?" well I guess if you are my brother you would ask that. Well, he will only sleep on his stomach so I layed him on his stomach in his bed for his nap and then went outside to feed the animals. When I came back in I could hear him crying so I went to pick him up and he was on his back. So that is how I know he rolled over. He hasn't done it since. He does roll from side to side pretty well while on his back

I love that he is starting to eat baby food. So far he has liked everything except the green beans which he didn't really hate but wasn't a huge fan of them and spit most of them on me.

I love that when he is drinking his bottle he has to have at least one hand on the bottle and sometimes when he eats the baby food he likes to help hold the spoon :)


I love that he moves a lot when he is playing on his back and in no time his head will be where his feet were and his feet will be where his head was.

I love that when I sing to him he starts cooing like he is trying to sing along.


I love that he loves his bath time and doesn't even cry anymore when I wash his hair.

I love that it is only in the bath that he tries to suck his thumb and it is only his right thumb he tries to suck and on his left hand he sucks his first two fingers.



I love that he likes to play the spitting game and James loves that I'm the one who taught him to do it so I can't get upset with James for teaching our son to spit. Actually Carter started doing it on his own but now I just do it back to him.












1 comment:

Marsha said...

Hey! How's it going? E-mail me. We need to catch up. Your little guy is ADORABLE.

marshapayne@yahoo.com