Monday, September 20, 2010

Our Trip To Show Low And Carter's First Hair Cut

So last week Carter and I got to go up to the cool country and visit my sister Dacia. My mom joined us and we had so much fun. The first night we enjoyed some yummy Mexican take out and just visited. The second day the first order of business was to give Carter a hair cut. My son has been blessed with a full head of dark hair. It has been getting longer and longer since he was born and got to the point where it was out of control. No matter what I tried to do with it, it just did what it wanted and it looked like I never combed his hair. Then a few weeks ago I sent a picture of Carter to Dacia and she showed Brandon and he asked why I was giving the poor kid a comb over. So it was time for a hair cut. Here are a few pictures of Carter before his hair cut. You gotta love all that hair. So the cutting began and at first he didn't mind but then he hated it and cried till we were done. I felt so bad! But he sure did look cute after and he looks so much older!


Taking a little break

Half way done.

All that cutting wore him out that he fell asleep while eating his cereal afterward.
While we were there Dacia started making a blanket for her friend's new baby boy. I decided to join in the fun and make a blanket for Carter. Dacia and I are horrible at making decisions so we spent over 2 hours in the quilt store trying to decide what material to use. I wouldn't be surprised if the ladies who work there don't run away the next time we go back there. We were supposed to have three sewing machines so the making of the quilts would go faster, but ended up with only one. I brought mine. Dacia had hers but couldn't find the power cord and my mom brought hers but she forgot the foot peddle. When we had to go back to the quilting store we learned we could rent a machine for $6 a day, so we rented one which made things go a lot faster.
It's not easy making a quilt when there are small children around who need to be entertained. What worked great for us is that Qwynci loves to push her stroller around, so we put Carter in the stroller and let Qwynci push him around. As long as he was getting pushed around Carter was as happy as he could be! I wasn't totally convinced that Qwynci wouldn't dump Carter on his face while pushing the stroller so my mom helped Qwynci push the stroller!
Instead of trying to bring all my blue stuff for Carter I just use what Dacia has and of course all her stuff is pink. So poor Carter had to ride in a purple and pink stroller, eat in a pink high chair, sit in a pink bumbo, play with a pink bracelet (which he LOVED) and bathe in a pink bath tub. James is never going to let me take Carter back there again! :)
Carter looking so cute with his new hair cut
While we were there Qwynci was such a great help in taking care of Carter. While I was getting Carter in his pj's after his bath at night she would take all our clothes our of our bags to help us remember what we packed. She would give Carter his bottle whether he wanted it or not. She reminded us of where Carter's bed was. She was nice enough to share her cheerios with Carter. Which as I watched her thought "Oh that's so cute she is sharing with him" then a split second later freaked out because he was going to choke on them. :) She is so dang cute and is going to be a big help to her mom when he new little brother comes along in about 5 months. Good luck Dacia!
And finally the beautiful finished quilt. They turned out so good!Even after we got home Carter still loves the pink bracelet Qwynci gave him, and loves to be pushed in his stroller :)

No comments: