Friday, June 15, 2012

Staying Cool In The Summer Heat

Some of the other kids were wearing goggles so Carter found a pair and put them on himself. He was pretty proud of them!
So here in AZ it is getting HOT! A few weeks ago there were about 2 days where it was too hot to go outside and I think I was more bored than Carter was being in the house most of the day so I decided we were going to have to think of something different. So I called my brother to see if we could come swimming in his pool. He said we could come swim everyday if we wanted :) So that is what we have been doing. The first day Carter wasn't quite sure about the swimming but now he loves it. Sometimes we take Cole, Carli and Brynli with us and Carter loves playing with all the kids!

 A couple of weeks ago we took the boat to the lake and did some fishing and swimming. There is a spot where we got out and James did some fishing and Carter and I played in the water. The first fish James caught we put it in Carter's bucket with some water so Carter could see it and touch it. He kept pointing at it and say "cute cute". He then started dumping more water and dirt in the bucket with his shovel. One of the times he dumped a lot of dirt in the bucket which splashed the water over the edge and took the fish along with it into the lake and the fish swam off. This scared Carter and for the rest of the trip Carter was afraid of the fish. 
Photobucket

No comments: