Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Freezing

The last few days it has been cold here in Arizona. This morning we woke up to no water. when we looked at our temperature thing it said it was only 18.3 degrees outside. COLD! As James was leaving for work he suggested I wrap my heating pad around the pipe to the house in hope of heating up the pipe and thawing the  ice so we would get water quicker. So I put it on there and about two hours later we had water :)  I went out later to feed the chickens and gather the eggs. I noticed their water was frozen and thought I would put fresh water on top of the ice so they would have something to drink. I pulled on the hose and it wasn't coming. I went to see what it was stuck on and it was in the Pig's water which was frozen. I couldn't get the hose out of the ice. I decided the chickens were just going to have to make due with the frozen water for a few more hours :)

Photobucket

No comments: