A couple of weeks ago we went out to Missouri for Cassy's (James's youngest sister) High School Graduation. We made it a road trip and Megan, our niece came with us. It was a long drive but it was a lot of fun. We left on a Monday evening and you know it is going to be a long trip when us girls had to go pee before we even got to Payson :) James and I took turns driving through the night and we stopped in Oklahoma City the next after noon where we got a hotel and rested. We went swimming, relaxed in the hot tub and ordered pizza. Carter loved playing with the phone and said he was calling Papa. The next morning we got to sleep in and then we were back on the road. We made it to Seymour that evening and were so glad to get out of the car! For as long as Carter was in his car seat he did an AMAZING job! Carter loved the dogs that were at Papa's house. One of their names was Cowboy. Cowboy would run out of the house an into the street a lot and Cory will yell at him to come home. By the end of our stay when Carter would see Cowboy running out in the road he would start yelling at him "Cowboy come home right now!" It was funny!
The next day we went to breakfast with James's family and then all went to Silver Dollar City. Carter had so much fun riding the rides and loved riding the train and the roller coaster. We convinced him to go on Fire In The Hole but it was a ride that you go in the dark and Carter doesn't really like those and afterward he said it was scary. Still if you ask him if he had fun at Silver Dollar City he says it was scary.
Friday we just relaxed at the house most of the day. We did go into Springfield that evening to pick up some stuff at Sam's Club and then had dinner with James's dad and Cory at this place that had really good hamburgers and ice cream!
Saturday afternoon we had a BBQ for Cassy's graduation and a lot of family was there. Cory made really good BBQ pork and there was a lot of good food and family. That evening we went to the graduation.
Sunday was Mother's day. Carter brought me a card, a flower and a bag of Reece's Peanut Butter cups (I love those!) He wrote on the card and later James told me that as he was writing he told James "this says mom and I drew a dog" I thought that was so cute! Carter also found a small cowboy hat and put it on and came to show me and said "mom I a cowboy" and then put one hand over his head in a circle motion with one leg up and said "Yee-Haw!" It was too cute! I think there is nothing better than hearing the words "I love you mom" and I heard that often from Carter. Later in the day James took me to get my toes done and then we had dinner in Springfield. It was a great day!
Monday we visited for a while in the morning and then headed out a little after 11am. Megan's old class was having a field trip to Incredible Pizza in Springfield and she wanted to stop by and see her friends so we stopped there for lunch and played games. We then got back on the road and stopped again just outside of Joplin and went to the Precious Moments Chapel. That is my favorite place to go when we go out there. On the way home we decided to make it a three day trip. So we stayed one night in Oklahoma City and then the next night in Albuquerque, New Mexico. After we got home we decided it was better to drive through the night and make it only a two day trip. On our way out there we stopped at a Circle K in Oklahoma City. They only had up to 32oz fountain drinks. On the way home we stopped at another Circle K in Oklahoma City and they only had up to 32oz fountain drinks also. I asked if it was an Oklahoma thing or a Circle K thing and the lady said it was a Circle K thing to help fight obesity and then she asked if I wanted a bag of chips with my drink :) While we were out there I was driving on A Highway and noticed how much beautiful scenery there was. I wanted to stop and take a picture of everything! I did get one pic with my phone but next time I would like to get more pics of the scenery!

No comments:
Post a Comment