Last week we went up to Woods Canyon Lake for James's birthday camping trip. We stayed for 4 days and had a lot of fun. We were fortunate enough to find a camping spot with a lot of shade which was nice! When we got there, there were Elk in the meadow close to our camping spot. We continued to see Elk through out the week. There was one time two Elk came down to the lake to drink and then they both got in the lake. I thought it was so cool and wished I had my camera! The squirrels were also frequent visitors to our camp! Carter LOVED fishing. We would throw his line in the water and right off he would start telling us "I got a fish, I got a fish" then he would reel in his line and there wouldn't be a fish so we would throw it back out and he would start again "I got a fish, I got a fish" Well, he did end up catching the first fish of the trip :) The first night we were there we went to the lake to fish before it got dark and Carter had reeled in his line and then he wanted to throw it back out so I told him he could thinking he would just throw it in gently. Well, he didn't he swung his arm way back first and as I was walking away the hook caught the back of my leg. So he ended up hooking me first! I guess that is what I get for thinking a three year old can throw in his fishing line by himself. Carter did a lot better in the boat than he has in the past. He did get bored but lasted a lot longer. There was one time we were out on the boat and he kept saying he wanted to go home. Then he said "I want to go home and see my B" which is his blanket that was back at the tent. It made me see his security blanket a little different. We loved the week we had to spend together! We fished, relaxed, read books and went for walks. We had a good time! At first I wasn't going to bring my good camera but I am so glad I did. I have never really done landscape photography but it was fun to get some of these pictures!
 |
| Camping, the only place that mom will let you have pop tarts every morning for breakfast! |
 |
| When my brother's kids were younger and we would go camping with them he would make a toilet similar to this one. I thought he was cray and found it very funny. Well, since Carter was doing so good with using the toilet the week before we left we made this so we wouldn't ruin his potty training! It worked great! |
 |
| After three days of not being able to watch his favorite movie we got the portable DVD player out and let him watch till the batteries died. |
 |
| Loved the pictures in the evening! |
 |
| Camping, where we have hot dogs almost every night because they are the easiest too cook with minimal clean up! |
 |
| Carter loved this toy gun we got him at the store on the lake. He walked ahead of me on the path to make sure there wasn't any bad mans. |
 |
| throwing rocks in the lake |
 |
| The Elk that were in the meadow when we got there. |
 |
| Loved watching James help Carter get his fishing stuff ready! |
 |
| We use this little row boat and I think we are the only ones on the lake that row and not use a trolley motor |
 |
| The last day James went out early and fished by himself and came back with 5 fish. |
 |
| Only God can make this kind of beauty! |
 |
| Love early in the morning and in the evening when the lake is so calm you can see the fish jump! |
 |
| The squirrels were frequent visitors to our camp! |
No comments:
Post a Comment