Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter 2014

Easter this year started with an Easter Egg hunt on Saturday morning with my sister-in-law's ward.  Actually let me back up for the past week every morning Carter has been excited to see if the Easter Bunny came the night before. He also asked for the whole week before if he could dye Eggs for Easter. Finally Saturday came and we went to an Easter Egg hunt with my sister-in-law and her kids. Carter loved playing with the kids and liked the Candy in the eggs. The Easter Bunny was there but Carter had no desire to get his picture taken with him.  We went home and after a nap we dyed eggs then went to dinner as a family.  That night Carter was a little worried Radar (our dog) was going to get the Easter Bunny when he came so he asked James to lock Radar up so he couldn't get the Easter Bunny during the night.  The Easter bunny did find Carter and he loved all that was in his Easter basket. 
Carter before the Egg hunt began.  He insisted on wearing his favorite glasses that are missing a lens.  He said "They help me see better" 
 
After getting his eggs. He couldn't wait to start eating the candy.
 
Dying eggs with dad. Carter actually did pretty good about not dipping each egg in all of the colors.
Easter morning before church. Carter looked so sharp in all of his new church clothes. It makes me sad that I can't buy his clothes in the little kids section any more because they don't fit him. He looked so much older in his new clothes and he was SO excited to wear a belt like dad and have a new tie.


The Easter bunny must have got word about Carter's sun glasses situation because these cool ones were found in his Easter basket that morning.  He really wanted to wear them to church but I wouldn't let him.

He loves his new glasses and he looks so cool in them but when I'm talking to him all I see is my reflection and I can't tell if he is looking at me or not.  At least with his other ones I could see at least one eye and could tell if he was looking at me :)

No comments: