We love our open adoption! A couple of weeks ago we got to go to Safford because Carter's birth mom was there visiting for a few days. We were so excited to see her! Carter doesn't really understand the whole the adoption thing and that is ok because he is too young. But we do talk to him about it and there is a book I read to him sometimes as part of our nightly reading that talks about it. He has never really said anything about it but I was on the phone a few weeks ago before we went to Safford with the Oregon DOT and when I hung up Carter asked "was that my birth mom?" then the next day he was playing with some pictures of his cousins he had found and told me that his birth mom had given them to him. I love it! Even though he doesn't understand exactly what that means I love that he has heard it enough that he knows he has a birth mom (understanding will come later). We met Macey and her Grandmother at a park and so Carter got to play while we visited. I love the characteristics Carter has from his birth mom. He has a gap in his front teeth and his birth mom has the same one! Recently I have noticed that Carter LOVES to talk and talks non stop. His birth mom does too! She told us that when she was little she had a gruff voice just like Carter's I love learning these things! We love her and we love that we got to see her!
![]() |
| Love the look he is giving her! |



No comments:
Post a Comment