Thursday, January 29, 2009

Our New Goat "Daffy"

James has been wanting to get a Boer Goat for a while. It took a lot of convincing but I finally let him get one on Tuesday.
She is a full blood Boer Doe and is registered with USBGA. I didn't even know you could register a goat.
She came with the name Daffodil and responds really well to "Daffy" I didn't know goats would respond to their names. She is also pregnant so in March we will have another one.

Her previous owner has a lot of goats and shows them at the county fairs. She decided that Daffy wasn't a good quality show goat so decided to sell her. Our dogs didn't know what to think of her and she didn't know what to think of our dogs. Zoey and Hanna have now become friends with her but Gator will take a little more work.

No comments: