
So on Monday Carter went for his 2 month well check up at the doctor and got his first shots. I have been working pediatrics for 6 years and have given many babies shots and IVs and didn't think this would affect me at all, but it did. I was so sad to see Carter get all three of his shots. I don't know who cried harder him or me :) He was a trooper though he cried while they were giving the shots and then he was done. From other mothers I learned to give him Tylenol before even going to the doctor and then continue to give it to him during the day so that is what I did and he did great during the day. He wasn't too fussy and he didn't run a fever or anything. The doctor said he looked good. He weighed 12lbs and 6oz, so he has pretty much doubled his birth weight. And he was 22 1/2 inches long, which the doctor said was a little on the shorter side :) That is fine with me he will fit right in to our family :)
1 comment:
He is adorable!!! I had a hard time with shots as well and Brynlee didn't do well that whole day so I am so nervous to have her get them again!! I hope she does better this next go round!
Post a Comment