Thursday, March 7, 2013

A Family Of Four - Almost

This is a post I have been wanting to write for a while now but I was hesitant  to do so until I was sure it would have a different ending then it will today.
Late on Christmas Eve of last year James and I were finishing up getting presents under the tree. I had been e-mailing Carter's birth mom via Facebook throughout the evening. As James and I sat down to enjoy some tree time before going to bed. I checked my Facebook one last time and saw I had received a message from one of James's cousins saying that she knew of a couple who were having a baby and were looking to place the baby for adoption and asked if we would be interested. I quickly responded to her message that yes we would be interested and thanked her for thinking of us. She sent me the information to contact this couple. The day after Christmas James called the birth dad and set up a time for us to meet the next day. So, we took a quick trip to Safford. We met with this couple who have had problems in the past but who are now trying to get their lives together and who felt that adoption was best for their baby. Everything went well. The birth mom was about 10 weeks along at that time. She also invited me to go to the doctor appointments with her. On New Year's Eve I went to the first doctors appointment where I got to hear the baby's heart beat :) We were very optimistic this next year we would become a family of four! Shortly after this first doctors appointment the birth mom started having some complications with the pregnancy which resulted in frequent doctor appointments and more than a few trips to the ER for her. Each time the doctors said the baby was fine and there wasn't anything they could do about the complications she was having. I got to go to two more doctor appointments with her to hear the baby's heart beat. The last one being only last week. On Sunday I got a call from the birth mom letting me know she was in the ER and had miscarried the baby, it was a boy. These last few days have been ones of many emotions to say the least. We love this couple for all they were willing to do for us! We know Heavenly Father has a plan for our little family. If we are meant to be a family of four it will be in His way and in His time (which I have come to learn is more perfect than how I think things should be).

Photobucket

3 comments:

The Cluff's said...

Autumn- I am in tears as I write this. I am so sorry for your loss and for this couples loss as well. A miscarriage is a difficult thing to go through and even more so I'd say in your case. I will be sending prayers your way! My heart goes out to you and your sweet family.

Danika said...

I need to be more up on my blog reading! I'm so sorry to hear about this but absolutely astounded at your strength and testimony. You are amazing and I have no doubt your 4th is out there somewhere.

Laney said...

What a bittersweet experience! Your faith and hope are so amazing. Just one of the many reasons I love reading your blog. I so hope it's not too much longer for your next child to arrive!!