I will never forget a few years ago, before we entered the world of adoption, reading the blog of a friend of mine who had just adopted. She described the open relationship they had with their son's birth mom and I asked "how can they do that, I would never be able to do that." Then I met Carter's birth mom and her family (actually I already knew her family from when I was growing up) and then I knew how my friend could do it! I love the openness we have with his birth family. We don't see them often but we keep in contact with them through social media and I'm so thankful for that! This is Carter's birth mom's Grandmother. We went to Safford about a month ago to do a photo shoot with Carter's birth mom's Aunt and I wanted her mom to be there so see Carter. I love that I was able to get this picture and I hope I can get many more as he grows up. Because his birth mom lives in another state we don't get to see her but we do send her pictures and keep in contact with her also. When I tell people that we keep in contact with his birth mom and her family a lot of people ask me "How can you do that? I would never be able to do that" and I think, put in the same situation I'm pretty sure you would be able to do it too! It is such a great experience and I'm so glad I get to be a part of it!

No comments:
Post a Comment